About This Class
Sometimes it is sweet to watch stories at high speed.
A painting might take weeks or months to complete. The same goes for illustration, sculpture, and other forms of art. When we create a painting, illustration, or sculpture, we show the final version.
Through videos, we can invite our audience to time travel to see the process of creating our work. We can tell the story of our creations through videos. So let’s tell it in a delicious way: let’s flavor it with stop-motion. With video, we can build a cool time machine and bring them into the process of creating that art.
This class is about creativity and interaction, and I’ll show you how to make a creative art process video using stop-motion techniques to share with the audience.
Class has three chapters:
- Stop-motion Techniques
- Video Editing
- Sharing & Social Media Presence
To take this class, you will need:
- A smartphone or camera for capturing frames, filming videos and editing videos
- A tripod
- App/ Software
- Installing “Stop motion studio” app is recommended as it can help you in shooting the frames
- A video editing software. In lessons 9 and 10 I teach “Inshot” app on mobile and “Adobe Premiere pro” on computer.
In this class, I will:
- Tell you about planning your shots, how to order them, and items to consider when planning.
- Show you how to set up the scene, what you need, and what shots to consider when the painting process lasts for days and the weather changes during that.
- Show you how to create shots using a variety of techniques: “paper cut”, “rolling paper”, and “additive texture”, plus adding transitions.
- Explain how to export the videos and how to merge and edit them as a single video
- Teach you how to make a stop-motion with items out of canvas to add to the final video.
- Help you to get the most result of the time and passion you put into creating your art process videos with tips and tricks about building your social media presence and interacting with your audience.
I wish you all success in this class, and I’m here to support you as much as I can. Remember that I would love to see your growth, so please share your work in the Project Gallery, also share it on your social media and mention @Skillshare and @hadismalekie , so I can see your nice work.
Class Project & Resources
This section is only available for students …